Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Radio

Just like comfortable life is lived with peers and feather,
I’m slightly off-tune, slightly out of ‘together‘. In the background (amongst the crackles and pops) I hear the distant voices behind distant clocks.
I run into you on the station untuned, where in the background voices echo like fumes.
Blame me on a station static,
Your connection is down, your life in the attic.
The radio, like a wave of life, you’ve been born into power, but the tuning’s not right.
Voices stream through white noise but the words make no sense,
Like a shiny gold dollar when your currency’s pence.
I don’t know what to call it, or what to call you, but we’re on the same wavelength, off the tuning by two.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, this might sound totally bizzaro, but from your writing that I accidentally found on the interwebs searching for aerial pictures I really honestly truly feel that we are two sides of the same coin. I realize this is you years and years ago, but if you are the same person now I would really love to keep in touch somehow, even via casual mediums such as Instagram where I can say hi every sometimes. I found your blog at the perfect time because I am also going through a bit of a rut with how to execute the things I want (which is an insane amount) for myself. Anyway, regardless, I hope you have a beautiful day and I know in my heart you'll have a wonderful life. Take care! -R

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always fun!