Sunday, November 7, 2010

A thousand kisses deep

I'm good at love, I'm good at hate; it's inbetween I freeze.

My mother thinks I've lost the plot. I sometimes wonder if I have.

This boy from work seems to really like me. He's so nice, too. And he's attractive.

From what I've read in stories and seen in movies, this is supposed to be a perfect scenario. We would then "date" one another until the day we marry. And then we live in our little house with a white-picket fence and have two perfect children. I would bake cookies and throw dinner-parties. We would have a vegetable garden.

I don't understand how this is ever enough.

"Date him." say the girls from work who also know him. "He's a really nice guy and he likes you so much."

He doesn't know me. I don't understand people who like people they don't know. I just feel so conscious and separated from it all. I don't know why people persue relationships. How can they search so hard to find something they can't live without? Isn't it simpler if you don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always fun!